In a rather unexpected and strange turn of events, Sheffield Wednesday have already decided to make a change to things just over a month since making their last big change.
The Owls have decided to sack Tony Pulis just 45 days after appointing him as the man to lead them away from the relegation zone. Predicting that move would have earned punters some big rewards as betting odds would not have been rather favourable to begin with.
The 62-year-old, who has plenty of experience of Premier League and Championship football, had only joined the club in November but has since been told that his services are no longer needed at Hillsborough and has since been sent on his way.
Sheffield Wednesday chairman, Dejphon Chansiri, has already revealed that there were more than one reason as to why he decided to pull the trigger on Pulis’ tenure so soon.
In a statement on the club’s official website, he revealed that whilst results were not good enough for a club of their stature, there were a number of issues behind the scenes that they were unable to get past.
Chairman Dejphon Chansiri told swfc.co.uk: “The performances and results have not been of the level expected since Tony Pulis was appointed.
“There are also other issues which have had a bearing on this decision.
“On the pitch, seven points from a possible 30 is not acceptable.
“It is vital we maintain our Championship status and I feel I must make a change now with over half of the season remaining to give us the best possible chance of doing so.”
Although he did not go into too much detail about them, it would not be a surprise if it were to do with potential recruitment targets ahead of the upcoming January transfer window.
Pulis leaves the club second from bottom of the Championship, having managed to win just one game from his ten in charge of the Hillsborough club.
It was his first job since leaving Middlesbrough in June 2019 after a two and a half year spell on Teesside.
The Owls will have Neil Thompson in place for all first-team affairs for the time being, with the club confirming he will be in charge ‘until a permanent appointment is made’.
Reports have already suggested that Jose Morais is on the club’s radar as a potential replacement as they look to appoint a new permanent successor in the near future.
Morais’ name might be recognisable to those who have either followed a certain individual or had their club managed by him in the past.
He is a long-term assistant to Jose Mourinho and worked with the ‘Special One’ during his time at Porto, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Chelsea before going on his own journey in management.
Moaris is currently without a club after he left South Korean outfit Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors earlier this month, although he does have some Championship experience.
In 2018, he managed Barnsley, although he left when they were relegated from England’s second tier.